Sea Colony is conveniently located between the thriving Jacksonville metropolis and the vacation center of Orlando. Jacksonville has all the attractions of a large city – museums, symphony, theater, shopping – while Orlando is synonymous with amusement park fun. With easy access to international airports in Jacksonville (1hr) and Orlando (under 2hr), families can visit or you can slip away for a vacation yourself.
Our town of St. Augustine Beach is on Anastasia Island, a barrier island dividing the Atlantic Ocean and the Intra-coastal Waterway. There are many attractions on the island itself, including :-
Anastasia State Park has more than 1,600 acres, featuring four miles of pristine beach, a tidal salt marsh, and a maritime and upland hammock. St. Johns County Ocean Pier is a beachfront park with a fishing pier, beach access and children’s playground. Free outdoor concerts in the summer – farmer’s market on Wednesdays. Fort Matanzas National Park, a watchtower fort constructed by the Spanish in the 1700’s to help protect St. Augustine from the British.
- There’s a free ferry ride across the river to Rattlesnake Island, nature trails and beach access.
- St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum : Built in 1874, you can climb to the top and tour the lighthouse and light-keepers house.
- St. Augustine Amphitheatre, a state of the art performing arts venue with the capacity to hold up to 4100 concert goers.
- It features headline acts performing under the stars and there’s a large farmers market every Saturday.
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park has entertained millions of visitors for over a century, lured by the awesome presence of captive reptiles. It’s a must-see for kids and adults alike.